I don’t know about you, but I found it really hard to read parenting books right after my baby was born; I was tired and it felt tough to wade through commentary and context to find the answers to my most pressing questions: How much crying is too much? If I’m breastfeeding, do I feed on demand, or according to a schedule? What’s the difference between spit up and throw up?
Often, my questions boiled down to these themes: How long will this last? Is this normal? Should I be worried?
This 9-week, evidence-based supportive group course will cover:
- Becoming a Mother
- Infant Basics I: Sleeping & soothing
- Infant Basics II: Feeding & bathing
- The Postpartum Period I: Your body and mood
- Attachment: The theory, science, and practice of bonding with your baby
- The Postpartum Period II: Communication and relationships
- Infant and Child Development: Learning and play
- Parental Self-Care & Co-Parenting
- Finding Balance in Your New Normal: Parenting, work, and childcare.
“Kate is so supportive and creates a safe space for you to share and explore with other women going through similar experiences. Highly recommend!”– MamaWise Group Course Participant
The MamaWise Covid Primer
As we face the first global pandemic in this century we are presented with new and significant challenges and stressors. Having a child during this time, understandably brings a combination of fears and stressors. We have been asked to let go of many social traditions leading up to having a child and to replace them with social distancing and isolation. It’s important to remember you are not alone, and that all your emotions are valid.
MamaWise has developed The Covid Primer program and have added it to all our current courses to help you manage the stressors associated with becoming a mother or parent and parenting during the Covid-19 Global Pandemic in a safe and comfortable way through:
- Co-creating a covid-friendly birth plan with expectant moms
- Providing guidance on setting safe and realistic boundaries with family and friends to maintain safe social distancing for mom/parent and baby during pregnancy and the postpartum period
- Always providing up-to-date recommendations for pregnant women and infants from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Providing updated local hospital policies regarding visitation, mask usage, and quarantine policies